You know those days where you wake up hungry?
And you just want something satisfying, quick, tried and true?
Kashi Autumn Wheat, Fiber One at the bottom, half a banana, and a dosing of soy milk.
Good thing I was hungry, because today, life put a lot on my plate.
1. My sister got into her 3rd car accident while backing out of a driveway.
Thankfully, neither she or her friend were hurt, and the damage to the car is purely cosmetic.
2. I saw a truck knowingly wrench a power line from its pole, and leave it sprawling across the street.
Seriously? I arrived just in time to see the truck squirming around, knowing it was caught on something, then drive up the hill like nobody’s business once it was free.
3. I could not report this incident myself because my cell phone has horrible reception on that street.
Because I didn’t have the police’s number, I tried to call 911, but all I heard from the end was, “Hello? You’re cutting out.” I need to graduate from Virgin Mobile. I had the next person who drove by report it; she’s probably with Verizon.
4. My sister likes kale chips.
Yes, this is up there with car accidents. Because my sister is such a picky eater that I never thought that she would actually try them.
- rinse the kale in water and give a whirl in the salad spinner
- massage kale with olive oil, dill weed, and some sea salt
- bake in the oven at 400 F for 13 minutes
- hope for the best
(evidence of both our hands in the bowl)
Round out the day with a treadmill workout, another 30 minutes shredding with Jillian, and dinner out with the sister and Dad…that’s a lot of day to digest.
Terrible lighting, wonderful dish.
Oh, and the tree is decorated!