There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
(I’m really late on this because college life has consumed me, so would y’all mind if I skipped the inevitable twice-awarding of this? I’ll make it up to you!)
Seven Things About Me
- Highlight of my today: A student was shouting “What it do!” over and over in class, so after a few reps, I responded with “What it do, what it is!” He broke into a grin and worked diligently for the rest of class.
- I’m a religion major with no religion I consider myself much more spiritual, and I’m not much into ritual except if you count yoga! I just love learning about different ways of looking at the world and mixing them into my own custom philosophy. Oh, and I love collecting religious pendants for necklaces (My favorite one to wear is my Hindi ohm symbol)
- I walk with swagger when I’m at the gym because I’m often listening to my “Bitches N Hoes” playlist, which includes inappropriate classics like What’s Your Fantasy by Ludacris.
- Though I love everything to do with peace and harmony, I’ve discovered that violence through playing rugby is essential to my sanity.
- My favorite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, but I know in my heart that I should take a class on it, because I’ve probably missed a lot of important themes!
- After a night of debauchery, there is nothing better than a carb-heavy breakfast with friends. I swear, those are the only times where I crave a bagel.
- When (or if) I enter a formal line of work, I will never wear dress slacks. Pencil skirts all day everyday
Merci, Katie! I’ll spread the love later.
I’ve had the pleasure of eating at the dining hall (on other people’s money) twice today! Lucky me, I ate so much spinach and salad bar veggies today! I’ll go grocery shopping…uh, soon…for now I’ve been fishing out of the apartment fridge.
I braved the 7 AM cold to run a quick mile on the track outside, then went through the motions to get to
class middle school!
And I call it that because that’s what my friend termed it when I first bought it! Weird how that has stuck with me, but “spork” just doesn’t have the same novelty.
Middle school today had one conclusion for me: these kids are full of looooove, in some way or another.
Doodles are only the beginning. You should see the way these kids’ legs are intertwined under the desk!
I narrowly avoided a hug from a male student, and quickly compromised with a fist pump.
One kid apologized for being rude to me yesterday.
I had a heart-to-heart with a boy waxing about the past, when he was “afraid of girls.”
I heard a girl refer to her friendship bracelet charms as “wings so we can fly together, doves for true peace, and a heart to fit in all the love we have.”
This is why I love middle schoolers. The emotions are raging, hardcore.
I’m excited for another 9 AM-4 PM day at school tomorrow. Bring it, Mrs. Brown! I’m curing my overdose of Lewis & Clark exposure by watching silly videos with the roomates.
Question: Did you have a lot of feelings when you were in middle school? I certainly had my troubles with fitting in and crushes, but I was still a very happy kid.